shop sin.thesis

19 November 2007

i'm here!

I didn't really know what a blog was before I saw the lovely blogs that etsy users keep. I'm glad I found etsy--it's an incredible community! I had no idea there were so many independent artisans selling on the web. Finding etsy really made me believe I could start my own jewelry business and gave me the confidence to put myself out there.

I'm gearing up for my first fair on December 1 (freretmarket.org). It's been a whirlwind. I started making jewelry in a class at a community college about 3 months ago and now I have a small inventory and a mini studio. I've been wanting to do this for years---it's the first artistic pursuit I've undergone that I haven't lost interest in or gotten lazy about. I love working with my hands and metal is just fascinating. Jewelry has such endless possibilities.

I'd like to post about what I'm working on and how my business is coming along, but also about other work I've seen on sites like etsy and from local artists. There's a lot of inspiration out there. If you'd like to exchange links or chat about techniques, whatever, drop me a line!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Liking the look of your NEW blog...well done and good luck with it. Nice to see a 'different' type of Bling too!

Stevie Jean said...

Thanks for the Comment! I love your page!!! I'm still trying to figure out how to set mine up :P
♥Stevie